Pediatric Pelvic Floor
Oceanside Physical Therapy is excited to announce that we are partnering with Power Up Physical Therapy & Fitness, Annette Thomas MSPT to offer Pediatric Pelvic Floor PT in our Stratham, NH office.
Millions of children struggle with bladder, bowel and pelvic floor dysfunction and may not be getting all the help they need. Physical therapy is a non-invasive approach that can be effective in helping your patients gain control and independence with bowel and bladder function.
- 20% of pediatrician visits are for incontinence problems
- 15% of visits to gastrointestinal doctors are for lower-bowel dysfunction
- 3% of visits to pediatricians are for constipation
- 5 million youngsters complain of nocturnal enuresis (nighttime bedwetting)
DIAGNOSES THAT OFTEN INVOLVE PELVIC FLOOR DYSFUNCTION INCLUDE:
- Stress Incontinence
- Urinary Retention
- Frequent Urinary Tract Infections
- Overactive Bladder
- Painful Urination or Defecation
- Urinary Frequency/Urgency
- Vesicoureteral Reflux
- Excessive Gas, Abdominal Bloating
- Fecal Urgency/Frequency
- Bowel Incontinence and/or inability to empty bladder
- Enuresis: Urinary Incontinence
WHAT CAN PARENTS EXPECT AT PEDIATRIC PELVIC FLOOR PT?
- Diet modification
- Behavioral training on toilet habits/hygiene/hydration
- Stretching and strengthening of pelvic floor and surrounding muscles as needed
- Soft tissue mobilization, myofascial release and deep tissue massage as needed
- Pelvic floor relaxation techniques
- Core muscle and breathing coordination exercises
- Coordination training of the pelvic floor and pelvic girdle musculature
- Biofeedback (external)
- Instruct and monitoring of a Home Exercise Program
Sign up for the Oceanside Physical Therapy newsletter.